Official Specs and Features
Price and Coupon
Price without coupon: $45.95
Coupon ($31.99): AFT03
Long term effective
Review ( 5000K version)
The package of Astrolux FT03 is relatively simple. Only the hand strap and the o-ring.
Astrolux FT03 comes with a smooth reflector, Luminus SST40-w, and Aluminum alloy bezel. If stainless steel bezel, it will be better, I love stainless steel.
The cell tube has diamond-shaped knurling. It can be slip-resistant and feels good.
There is no oxide layer on the thread of head, which is estimated to increase heat conduction. I think you don’t want to DIY, you can stick the barrel head directly with heat conduction glue, cooling will be better.
The tail uses end face conduction. Unscrew the tail cover to power off, not bad.
Both the head and the tail have massive double wound springs. The internal resistance is very low.
The overall shape is as described above, which is suitable and moderate in size.
- Unscrew the tail-cap and insert a 26650 cell.
2.Double check the polarity every time before closing: The battery must point with plus (nipple) towards the head.
- Screw the tail-cap back. The FT03 will flash twice when electrical contact is made. Continue to tighten the tail-cap to a gentle stop. Do not over- tighten.
- All functions are performed using the single side button. Note that pressing this button continuously for more than 16 s enters the UI configuration settings (indicated by the light blinking). If this is done inadvertently, exit the configuration settings by simply releasing the button briefly then pressing it again continuously for about 4 s until all the resulting blinks stop.
- The FT03 comes factory-set to use the RAMPING UI: From OFF, press&hold the side button. The light output will ramp up from a very low level to full power. Release the button when the required light level is reached. (The full ramp takes about 3 s. To signal ‘End of Ramp’ it does a subtle blink ) Use a single-click at any time to turn the FT03 OFF.
The grip of the 26650 is good. I don’t like 4 lithium batteries, it’s too thick and it takes too long to hold.
From left to right are Nitecore p30, Astrolux FT03, Olight m2x-ut and ACEBEAM t30.From the spot, it can be seen visually that the luminous flux of FT03 and T30 are very close, and the color temperature is slightly lower, In theory, the light penetration is better.
The p30 is actually good, but 1000 lumens is a bit low. Astrolux FT03‘s reflector is big enough, it is powerful.
T30 with xhp35hi, the reflector is also larger, actually more powerful than FT03, but it is not overwhelming.
Here is the disassembly section, two performance tests.
Charging test, the current is up to 1.8a and the minimum is 1.4a. It is convenient to use the type-c interface.
Illuminance curve, no wind, about 14 degrees at room temperature, Extremely bright for 6 minutes, the product is not very hot.
The double o-ring structure is quite good, it can prevent the bezel from loosening, and the seal is not bad.
The lens is coated on both sides. The color of the coating is blue-violet and it is beautiful. The lens has a certain thickness, and the general impact is difficult to break the lens.
Aluminum alloy reflector
Thermoelectric separation MCPCB
The circuit uses pure copper bezel
The circuit uses a direct drive circuit with good efficiency.No strobe.
The measured power is about 24w, and the battery is 26650.
What I like
- Multiple cell size options – 18650,26650,21700
- USB Type-C fast charging
- Stepless dimming
- NarsilM UI,many functions are controllable.
What I don’t like
- No stainless steel bezel
- No USB charging cable
- No flashlight Holster